Hentai Forums

It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:13 am 

(hmm) i wonder if it was smart to do this, i mean sure there's most likely a lot more 360 owners out their right now, but the demographic for 360 owners seem more like action based game players. i don't think this game porting over is really going to change that either.

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:37 am 

Yeah, it's going to 360. In all honesty, it's not that big of a deal, and at the same time it is. My reason for saying so is that the Fans will be upset, but theoretically the company should stand to make more money off their investment. That's what is expected to happen.

Now what "might" happen is that the fans will get upset and it will cause sales to suffer. I seriously doubt that though. Same thing happened with DMC4 and sales werent affected that much that i know of. To them it just means they can sell more copies of the game and reach a broader audience.

Most game creators want as many people to play their game as possible. I dont forsee many XB360 owners picking up FFXIII though. Lets face it, the vast majority of 360 owners are FPS/Action game players. I dont see the effort paying off much in terms of sales anyway, but that's just me.

I work at GameStop and i always ask people why they like certain games, certain systems, certain gameplay elements, etc. I'm also in school for Game Design, so i like to know what people like and dislike, what works and what dosent.

I like to think i have a good sense of what kind of people play certaint types of games, and what types own certain systems. Most RPG players own PS3s, that's a fact. I say when FFXIII hits shelves, the sales will probably be about 70% PS3 and 30% XB360.

i'll be getting it for PS3, that is permitting my system has space due to all the fucking games that require mandatory installs.... ugh..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:02 am 

yeah i was thinking the same thing about 360 owners too, though you put it in better words than i did. :lol: one of the rpgs for the 360 ended up being a fps-type of rpg, although it did do rather well. i don't think something like that will fly with to many other games though. and XIII porting like it did, i dunno it may be for better sales options but it's like you said a large majority are aiming for that game for their PS3's. and you can sort of predict that 360 owners are not really into the FF scene anyway. i honestly think this S-E doing a sort of copycatted move off of what Capcom did with DMC4. i may not be as adept in the business as you are, but i really think that no matter how you look at it the sales won't equal what happened with DMC4. rpgs are always tricky to deal with i think, cause for one theirs a smaller fanbase for them. but i think you also have to consider that cause it's much smaller that it can have a major impact on sales. especially if like you said earlier about the consoles being used for certain genres.

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:02 am 

I for one will be getting the PS3 version, why? Because I'm waiting for the day that my 360 will get RRoD. And I don't want it to happen during playthrough. Plus I think the PS3 will do fine in the long run, their PSN store has a lot of games I want since I was young but didn't have the money for, Twisted Metal 2 yct61.gif And I'm skeptical how the 360 version would do...or if its already done by Dec.

Shin_Ein, you are right about which systems people play based on genres. I primary buy FPS/Action games for my 360 and RPGs/Fighting/Racing games for PS3 with a few exceptions.

I don't mind the mandatory installs, even during MGS4. Gives me a break for food and rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:41 am 

yeah i'm pretty skeptical about it too although it's not like it's going to be some horrible downgrade it's still a downgrade. things might end up being cut cause of the number of discs being to much, and most of the multiple disc games for the 360 haven't been well packaged either. :lol: i'm still laughing at how lazy they packaged Lost Odyssey when lm showed everyone. i heard it was the same for Blue Dragon as well.

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:59 am 

I don't want games to end up being cut because of disc swaps. I heard people that recieved Lost Oydessy had disc scratches up the ass. <_< DO NOT WANT!

Plus I don't want my game to end up like this;
"The world is going to end without me, so I will say it now before its too late. I love..."(Please Insert Disc 4) yct33.gif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:07 am 

ZeroReinaStryker wrote:
I don't want games to end up being cut because of disc swaps. I heard people that recieved Lost Oydessy had disc scratches up the ass. <_< DO NOT WANT!

Plus I don't want my game to end up like this;
"The world is going to end without me, so I will say it now before its too late. I love..."(Please Insert Disc 4) yct33.gif

:lol: that's most likely going to happen with the disc swaps when it comes out.

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:02 pm 

I read rumors that the 360 version will come out 6 months after the PS3 version. Can anyone confirm this? If it is so I getting the PS3 ASAP :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:51 pm 

i dunno for sure but if that's so then it's a timed exclusive it seems. i guess it makes sense if that were the case, but i think it'd be better to make sure that it's true first before jumping to conclusions like that about it. :lol:

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:27 am 

Over at Kotaku they say that Japan will only get the PS3 version and everyone else gets the 360 with the PS3 version :shock: I see nothing wrong with it now :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:27 am 

:lol: Japan excluded? makes me wonder whats the point of doing something like that. i can understand MS buying rights for the game to be ported to help sales. but shouldn't they be trying at least to get in Japan? i think that's like the only place where the 360 isn't as well liked. yct21.gif

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:01 am 

At this point, I'm wondering what Japanese gamers' reactions are to 360 getting all these JRPGs. Then again, they do get games for ps3 that we most likely won't see the light of day. With that said, they probably don't even care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:41 pm 

WarLord wrote:
At this point, I'm wondering what Japanese gamers' reactions are to 360 getting all these JRPGs. Then again, they do get games for ps3 that we most likely won't see the light of day. With that said, they probably don't even care.

i dunno if they care so much about it happening. i mean they have RPGs for everything over there after all. :lol:

ImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:36 pm 

Good news PS3 owners. Well, kinda. Seems that SquareEnix is going to release a playable demo of FFXIII with the FFVII:AC Complete Blu-ray version in March of 2009. From what i've read it's in Japan only, but! As you are well aware, the PS3 is on the same region as the US for Blu-ray movies and PS3 games. So if you really want to get a taste of the game you can import a copy of the movie next spring. You may rejoice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:40 am 

New Screens:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next