[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Hentai Forums • View topic - Final Fantasy XIII

Hentai Forums

It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:56 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:38 am 

i dunno if it's me but for some reason the game is looking less refined compared to Versus. does anyone else notice it?
just in case your wondering i'm looking at them here. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:41 am 

New Screens:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:33 am 

Well to be honest im not to sure if it looks less refined but graphics are not the main concern when I get a game. Both lost odyssey and infinite undiscovery have really good graphics but I still haven't completed them, they just don't have the hold factor that makes me keep coming back to them.
I am playing ar tonelico 2 now and I have been playing it 4 days straight, there's so much stuff to do in that game and the story is really good.
So really you can have the best graphics in the world but unless it has that hold factor then it's just gonna be like the rest of the games out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:57 pm 

New Screens:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:03 am 

This game may renew my love for RPGs again due to the previous lack of present/futuristic settings games. Yes I'm a sucker for games like that now because I'm starting to hate the whole medieval themes.

Any know how many disc the X-box version will have? The last I hear it was around 3 but Square said it wasn't even done yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:43 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:33 am 

FINAL FANTASY 13

Chapter 4, first disc, 8 hours in the clock.

Mmmmm, MMMmm, its linear yea, dungeon crawler for sure so....much better than I had anticipated and very far from what reviews says you will feel like playing it, at least in my case.

Yea, I repeat, its linear, its a dungeon crawler, heck even the game decides your party but basically because of the story not just for the hell of it.

Battle system: for once I am having kinda fun with the battle system in a FF game, you really need strategy and take advantage of all option AND characters here if you want to survive, I find myself dying every now and then, you really need to use the paradigm shift system which is a system that more or less changes your characters powers, for example in you can have your character be of medic class or in another be a commando, one class cannot use the abilities of other class so you really need to change into different classes AND USE TACTICS! to not die every so often.

Of yea, the battles are in real time, so time never stops but when you want to see your enemies data, thumbs up to SE for this, also you cannot control your other 2 character in your party of 3 BUT the AI is very good plus you really will be too busy controlling your own character!!

That said is it me or FF difficulty this time has gone up a bit?

Anyway, as I said for once I consider the battle system pretty fun and well executed. You control different characters in battle as story progresses so you get to know very well you character and they all develop evenly so not much worries when you change battle party.

Story: Suffice to say I almost cannot stop playing because I want to know what happens next, this and the excellent characters SE created this time make up for the dungeon after dungeon we have to go through, but believe me its not bad, as I said the way its presented, story and characters almost makes it feel not dungeon crawler-like at all. Hard to explain but as you keep playing you know its a dungeon crawler but at the same time its does not feels like it at all, believe me I HATE dungeon crawlers but SE executed it rather good.

Characters: Excellent cast, after 8 hours we hardly know anything about the characters, I WANT TO KNOW MORE about them, I would say SE created the best cast since...mmmmm, Final Fantasy 9 IMO.

English Dub::shock: Quite good! Really, cannot believe it really is good and fits the characters very well. Anyone that ALWAYS prefers the original Japanese dub wont be disappointed, I am positive.

Visual: DO i need to comment? Best graphics ever! so far.

Overall: After how much I HATED the shitty FFXII...Damn you SE, I wanted to not enjoy this game BUT I find myself enjoying it!! Damn :evil: I DO NOT LIKE SE!

So after 8 hours in, so far what reviews says out there about being incredibly linear is true, no exploration either, no towns, no sidequests, no world map, all is true BUT BELIEVE ME, the lack of that is BECAUSE OF THE STORY, no one says that!. In a game that pretends to be as logical as FFXIII having those elements is plain impossible and thet were there it would be totally ridiculous, as it is often the case in some rpgs (i.e. the world is about to be destroyed but you can go out of your way to do some ridiculous sidequest, or conveniently save at the last minute too go mind your own business while the world or ?????xxxxxx-thing is about to happen and doom everyone??, give me a break).I mean in FF13, an entire army is after you, the whole world fears you and you want to explore towns, go into shops, chit chat with NPC and go find items for stupid NPCs!!! :shock:

This time I gotta give thumbs ups to SE, so far I am liking the game a lot in all its aspects, its getting almost hard to stop playing because I wanna know what happens next, plus the very logical story SE --seems to-- wanted to give us this time is worth praising and definitely the lack of elements mentioned before are consequence of the story as I see it, and not because of a lazy SE, I do not think they are to blame for trying to make a great story with great characters and wanting us to feel it as real as possible.

Sure, those hardcore WRPGS fans that love open worlds and random boring emotionless characters, kill townspeople just for the hell of it and rarely mind the story as its not one of the core elements, most likely wont like FF13.

Anyway, so far very good game IMO, we will see once I advance more into the story but so far whatever happens and more importantly how it ends can hardly turn the game bad, and ending can ruin a game but this time it can be happy, sad or bittersweet or something in between and be a good one as I see how the story is going.

Or maybe is just me liking it? I hated FFXII, such shitty game in all aspects, IMO at least, but all reviewers and many fans loved it and even got perfect score and now with 13 all reviewers that SURELY have yet to REALLY play the game are saying its too linear, boring, ect, etc.... MMmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:00 pm 

I don't care too much about the linearity since that's pretty much a given for any JRPG, and it's not like previous FF's weren't linear. It sucks that there are no towns, but oh well nothing you can do about that. Is it true that the game babies you through the battle system and doesn't let you do certain things until later on? From the reviews it seems that you don't get full reign of the battle system until like 15-20 hours in. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:25 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:59 am 

Just got my limited edition but only played for an hour yet cause I'm finishing up Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 which I loaned from my nephew. (Kind of lucky he had it cause called almost every shop in Flemish part of Belgium and they didn't have it and then when my nephew dropped bye which doesn't happen to often and when I asked my nephew for a list of his games he had it :) )

But that one hour had me majorly impressed. As always they know how to suck you in with the opening scene and I couldn't imagine otherwise, especially with this one. Lightning is such a hottie (deadd) (NOPLZ) yct19.gif yct06.gif Still no Tifa :p but still to hot for Snow.

And it beeing linear, can't say I hate that. Having freedom is overrated anyway and linearity isn't the worse thing. I just hope the story will be interesting and it doesn't have to just have it from it's extra-ordinary graphics. I've seen the story get bashed a few times already so I'm wondering if it's just from your average FF hater who hates the franchise for its popularity or if it truly does suck. Can't wait till I finished DWG2 which should be fast since I'm on my way to get the last mission till plat. From then I can focus on FF XIII :D .

Seiyuus, I did see people bashing it but that hour that I did play looked great even if I do prefer Japanese seiyuus a lot over English ones. I really wonder why they didn't sub it so the option is to the player like in Valkyria Chronicles though maybe it is for the better cause Valkyira Chronicles was far from perfectly translated.

Btw in that one hour I played so far, moms are tough!! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:56 am 

Agreed mugiwara84.

I am now @ 23 hours in the clock and let me tell you: ABOUT DAMN TIME YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR PARTY MEMBERS as you so desired!!!111 Finally! It really took its sweet time but the story required this so not complaining.

So after 23 hours, still at the second disc, which has probed to be a LOT longer than the first one which was mere 8-9 hours long, as you can see, almost double by now and I did run form some battles this time around.

So far so good. The story is very good, not the ultimate epic story, not a masterpiece but damn good and you always want to see what more will happen, that and the characters is what is driving me to play it as much as I am doing.

The english dub was bashed? Really? Now those gotta be FF haters. I find it rather good and I dont like one bit eng, dubs.

BTW: Comments coming from someone that is no FF hater but very far from being a FF fan.

FFXIII is probably one of the most linear games I have played ever, freedom lovers will surely hate this and surely one of their main targets will be the battle system, you open all options relatively early in the game, after 6 or so hours but as to control your party not until the 20+ hour mark :shock: But yet again, I repeat for the xth time, its because the story required not to give you total control over you party members.

Time to keep playing...

EDIT:

Just finished Disc 2 @ 26 hours. If the last disc is as big as the second it maybe true that this game is worth 40-50 hours. We will see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:48 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:58 pm 

I ended up getting this game and I have clocked 20 hours so far and I gotta say that hope is the worst character in gaming history. Never have I hated someone as much as him, I despise him in every single way, he is so stupid and can't even get over the fact that it was his moms fault that she ended up dead.
I was at one point where it was snow and hope and I came across this bike thing that uses a minigun, it shot hope to shreds and that put a smile on my face, I didn't even res him, he's not worth a phoenix down.

So apart from that loser I really like the game, the story is good and the graphics are really nice. It is linear but that's nothing if your used to playing mmorpg's where all you do is fight non stop until you level.

I just wish they could of got rid of hope though, I really do hate him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:21 am 

Kind of funny, I find Snow the most worthless and hopeless character so far in the game... I find his whole the world needs heros and I'm one of them attitude way more repulsive then Hope who started to hate the retard that wanted to play hero but failed so miserable in it that it ended up killing his mom. In the end she did die cause she covered for Snow even if she was so stupid to leave her back open.

So Hope's hate is pretty damn understandable... You can argue that they didn't have much choice and that they were forced to pick up their guns and that they would've ended up death anyway but it's also true that she only died due to following Snow and saving him. So no it was far from his own mom's fault... If anything, it's more like Lightning said, it's Pulse fault. And asking someone to think rational after losing the person who was most dear to him is asking a lot. (btw only 10 hours far)

And if you hate Hope this hard, read Naruto and please share your thougths on Sasuke . :lol:

And while this surely won't happen, I want to see Hope kill Snow with the knife he got from Lightning that Serah bought for her birthday. That would be quite the twist...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 am 

There's a scene where he tries that and that did it for me, that made me hate hope even more because snows doing his best to protect him and all hope can think about is killing him. Snow kinda sucks as well because he goes overboard with his stupid emotions but I just want him to punch hope in the face and tell him to get over it, shit happens.
I mean there fighting a war, people die, his mom was no exeption and if she was a good mom then she would never of left her son, instead she would of fled with him like everyone else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next