Hentai Forums

It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:25 am 

So, I have probably been a member of this site on and off for about 3 to 4 years now, back then there was a huge lack of girls intrested in hentai, but we seem to have somewhat increased, I never really found my niche amoungst everyone when I used to be here, and drifted quietly around. But I decided to show my face and post some of the hentai I have done recently. (By recently I mean tonight... I do draw waaay better when I'm not in a rush and doodleing, but I decided I should add some stuff I have done into the mix.)

Oh god... what a HORRIBLE JOB!!! The anatomy is horrendous.

I was bored and wanted to try drawing and painting on my opencanvas program useing a mouse (not a wacom) and I got this.

Anyways, thats it for now, and if you are woundering, my sigs you see, yes I made those too... I know they aren't "art" persay, but I just thought I would mention.

If anyone is intrested in more of my art (while not hentai, as I fear being banned) you can check my...

Serious art out here- http://fleshodium.sheezyart.com
Doodles and random crap here - http://flesh.sheezyart.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:40 pm 

I'm not a big fan of how you draw females, but the drawings at your second link (the animals) are all very good.

I think the problem for me with how you draw women/girls is the facial structure (which may very well just be a style thing) they look undesirable to me.

In case the faces are not a style choice but just a problem area for you, drawing your own facial expressions may help you to learn.

I'm going to end with a big fat smile, in case I come off as a big and nasty old critic :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:58 am 

kaiverh wrote:
I'm not a big fan of how you draw females, but the drawings at your second link (the animals) are all very good.

I think the problem for me with how you draw women/girls is the facial structure (which may very well just be a style thing) they look undesirable to me.

In case the faces are not a style choice but just a problem area for you, drawing your own facial expressions may help you to learn.

I'm going to end with a big fat smile, in case I come off as a big and nasty old critic :D

I have been drawing for ten years, and happen to be going to an Art College soon, and in all my years I have never had anyone say a thing about my faces; which I will mention IS my style, as I have been working on, and developing since I began drawing.

My main style is semi realism and not anime, as I have branched off of it, thanks to most Canadian/American (western) drawn anime resembling each other, and I certainly hope when you make this accusation after thoroughly examining all my art, and not these doodles seen above.

And to your comment about maybe needing practice in my faces, unless you have yourself a degree, and or a giant amount of your own art in which you can draw two eyes level let alone a drawing, period, to be able to tell anyone what to do with their art, I won’t put too much stock in your "friendly" advice.

And just for a more solid look, and side to side comparison, for other people at my actual art rather than the doodles I have shown.

This is what my anime style looks like.

And this is my semi-realism.

((Edit:
To clarify, so I don't look to be a grumpy bitch, the only reason I responded poorly, is because I didn't ask for critiques, and the one I got,I took to heart, considering it TO ME, seemed like I was being told to practice more.. it wasn't your simple,
"I don't really like the way you draw faces, but good animal art."
Which to clarify I don't mind.. I just don't take kindly to unwanted instruction...

Hope we can all get past this.... and yes, regardless, I still love all you Hentai Lovers such as myself... even if you like my art or not.))

Last edited by Miakoda on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:21 am 

Glad to see you back, it's been awhile. 8) Your art is fine in my eyes. Better than what I can do...period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:56 pm 

FleshOdium wrote:

I have been drawing for ten years, and happen to be going to an Art College soon, and in all my years I have never had anyone say a thing about my faces; which I will mention IS my style, as I have been working on, and developing since I began drawing.

My main style is semi realism and not anime, as I have branched off of it, thanks to most Canadian/American (western) drawn anime resembling each other, and I certainly hope when you make this accusation after thoroughly examining all my art, and not these doodles seen above.

And to your comment about maybe needing practice in my faces, unless you have yourself a degree, and or a giant amount of your own art in which you can draw two eyes level let alone a draw, period, to be able to tell anyone what to do with their art, I won’t put too much stock in your "friendly" advice.

Take it easy, I wasn't trying to offend you.

If you're going to post pictures of your work, people such as myself are going to react with what they do and don't like about them.

I did browse through both of you links and found some pictures that I liked a lot, such as the blue-haired girl you also posted in your second message to this thread. It still leaves me to say that in general I don't like how you do faces.

I never told you to do anything with your art, I merely suggested that if your faces were something you had difficulty with (rather than it being a style thing), drawing your own face might help you learn.I'm not a visual artist but I do write comic scripts and am working on a horror story with a fellow from Argentina right now. Because I frequently look for artists on designated message boards and read how such talents operate and learn I do know a bit about what approaches can help you learn. Hence, I suggested one method to you in case you were interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:08 pm 

kaiverh wrote:
FleshOdium wrote:

And to your comment about maybe needing practice in my faces, unless you have yourself a degree, and or a giant amount of your own art in which you can draw two eyes level let alone a draw, period, to be able to tell anyone what to do with their art, I won’t put too much stock in your "friendly" advice.

Take it easy, I wasn't trying to offend you.

If you're going to post pictures of your work, people such as myself are going to react with what they do and don't like about them.

I did browse through both of you links and found some pictures that I liked a lot, such as the blue-haired girl you also posted in your second message to this thread. It still leaves me to say that in general I don't like how you do faces.

I never told you to do anything with your art, I merely suggested that if your faces were something you had difficulty with (rather than it being a style thing), drawing your own face might help you learn.I'm not a visual artist but I do write comic scripts and am working on a horror story with a fellow from Argentina right now. Because I frequently look for artists on designated message boards and read how such talents operate and learn I do know a bit about what approaches can help you learn. Hence, I suggested one method to you in case you were interested.

Dunno about anyone else you decide to comment on, but I'll take my chances, and my advice from actual (life drawing) artist's and teachers.

But... thanks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:28 pm 

Webbmaster62 wrote:
Glad to see you back, it's been awhile. 8) Your art is fine in my eyes. Better than what I can do...period.

Thankyou. ^_^
By the way, your avitar makes me giggle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:59 pm 

FleshOdium wrote:

Dunno about anyone else you decide to comment on, but I'll take my chances, and my advice from actual (life drawing) artist's and teachers.

But... thanks?

In my opinion, it would be better to judge the actual advice rather than the person giving it to you.

Still, my aim never was to come across as trying to "dominate your art" (for lack of a better term) so whatever you decide to do is none of my business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:25 pm 

kaiverh wrote:
FleshOdium wrote:

But... thanks?

In my opinion, it would be better to judge the actual advice rather than the person giving it to you.

Still, my aim never was to come across as trying to "dominate your art" (for lack of a better term) so whatever you decide to do is none of my business.

If thats the case, then please drop the subject, and next time you think you can critque where no one asked for it, and get away unscathed, don't be so naive and think again.
Again thanks, but no thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:54 pm 

FleshOdium wrote:
If thats the case, then please drop the subject, and next time you think you can critque where no one asked for it, and get away unscathed, don't be so naive and think again.

Absolutely not.

Tell me, what exactly was your objective when you posted your pictures? Were we all to be in awe of your awesome creative prowess and admire you deeply? Were we to just shut up about all of it?

When you post something, anything, on a public message board you can and should expect that people are going to comment on it. That the nature of one of these comments doesn't please you is no reason for you to react the way you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:55 pm 

I have to agree with kaiverh.
Aren't you overreacting a little, FleshOdium ? The minute he commented about your art you came back at him saying you've been drawing for 10 years, art school and stuff. How's that a valid justification, I know people who have been drawing for much longer and they still aren't very good. Some people are also very talented without having ever been to any kind of art school.
Do you wish people to judge your actual art or your background ?

FleshOdium wrote:
next time you think you can critque where no one asked for it, and get away unscathed, don't be so naive and think again.

My god, are you serious here ? No one asked for it ? And what do you think you did by posting your art on a public message board ? That's exactly asking for people to criticize it.
And by doing so you gotta expect very different opinions to be formulated.
Shouldn't an artist be more open-minded ?

If you're going to post stuff and get uspet when people don't wet their pants over it, I suggest you just don't post anything.
Thinking you're so good everybody will like it is quite pretentious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:33 am 

RikWeaN wrote:
I have to agree with kaiverh.
Aren't you overreacting a little, FleshOdium ? The minute he commented about your art you came back at him saying you've been drawing for 10 years, art school and stuff. How's that a valid justification, I know people who have been drawing for much longer and they still aren't very good. Some people are also very talented without having ever been to any kind of art school.
Do you wish people to judge your actual art or your background ?

FleshOdium wrote:
next time you think you can critque where no one asked for it, and get away unscathed, don't be so naive and think again.

My god, are you serious here ? No one asked for it ? And what do you think you did by posting your art on a public message board ? That's exactly asking for people to criticize it.
And by doing so you gotta expect very different opinions to be formulated.
Shouldn't an artist be more open-minded ?

If you're going to post stuff and get uspet when people don't wet their pants over it, I suggest you just don't post anything.
Thinking you're so good everybody will like it is quite pretentious.

I'm not here for a debate, this is an 'art' section.

So please, just drop it, and stop filling my post with off topic argueing. (If you insist on continueing this, lets move it somewhere more appropriate, as a Moderator of my own board, I can't stand how messy flames/arguements/debates get in topics, and usually it diverts the attention from the main point to begin with.)

I say, if you all are allowed your opinion, so am I, negative reactions beget negative reactions.
And no need to attack my personality to get your point across.

"Pretentious" <<? Please, it's the internet, come visit me irl, then you may pass that judgement.

Last edited by Miakoda on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:47 am 

kaiverh wrote:
FleshOdium wrote:

Absolutely not.

Tell me, what exactly was your objective when you posted your pictures? Were we all to be in awe of your awesome creative prowess and admire you deeply? Were we to just shut up about all of it?

When you post something, anything, on a public message board you can and should expect that people are going to comment on it. That the nature of one of these comments doesn't please you is no reason for you to react the way you do.

Read the edited part in the bottom of the first reply to you (for clarification, and explanation, as well as the post above this.)

Post subject: Comment
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:43 pm 

Nice to see a girl interested in Hentai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:39 pm 

Rule #30: There are no girls on the internet. Lol.